The South Carolina Department of Transport has awarded a contract worth $1.8 million to Iteris for the use of its cloud-based transportation network performance management programme.
SCDoT says the Iteris iPeMS software-as-a-service solution will enable it to analyse and visualise traffic data to improve roadway mobility and safety across the state and support its 10-year improvement plan.
IPeMS features include:
- real-time maps to support traffic operations;
- real-time bottlenecks to identify and help mitigate congestion;
- animations to analyse events and optimise response plans;
- historical trend and route reports, maps and congestion charts to track reliability and support planning; and
- dynamic route creation for easy analysis of any route in and around South Carolina.
Rob Perry, traffic engineering director at SCDoT, says: “We are excited to be working with Iteris to improve the safety and efficiency of highways and arterial roads across the state.
“With both real-time and historical data from the iPeMS platform, our traffic operations, engineers, and planners will have access to actionable insights that will support their operations and planning activities, as SCDoT continues its mission to improve the performance of the state’s roadways.”
Ramin Massoumi, general manager and senior vice president of transportation systems at Iteris, says: “With the implementation of Iteris iPeMS, SCDoT will be able to apply big data to make South Carolina’s roads safer and more efficient statewide.”