Spanish multinational telecommunications company Telefónica has launched Movistar Car in order to turn vehicles into connected cars.
Telefónica says that Movistar Car is a service that will connect cars in order to make them safer and smarter.
The service will be available to all mobile phone users, regardless of whether they are Movistar customers or not.
The customer will receive a device that incorporates a SIM card and that the user must install in their vehicle. Once installed the users car is a connected vehicle.
Movistar Car features include:
- Connectivity: The SIM that incorporates the device creates an exclusive Wi-Fi network over 4G for the car (with 3GB per month, included in the price), to which up to 5 devices can be connected at a time to navigate without consuming data from the mobile rate of the user.
- Security: In case of impact, Movistar Car automatically calls a platform that initiates the assistance protocol, including the emergency service 112 management if necessary.
- Car status: Allows users to schedule maintenance checks and receive alerts related to possible vehicle failures.
- Location and Navigation: Users can locate the vehicle at any time and configure movement alerts, or access the travel history. In addition, the driver can go to the destinations you select or have stored as favourites through the browser that includes the application, avoiding difficult or uncomfortable traffic situations.
- Savings: offers the driver exclusive fuel offers, workshops, insurance fines and more benefits associated with the car and travel, thanks to agreements reached with third parties.