Construction industry charity the Lighthouse Club has launched a new helpline.
The helpline will offer an essential portfolio of welfare and support services to everyone within the construction community.
The confidential 24/7 helpline service is now open for calls on 0845 605 1956. This service will not only be the conduit to access the charity’s traditional emergency financial assistance, but it will also deliver the following:
• Advice on occupational health and wellbeing issues as an employee or an employer
• Support and advice for sufferers of stress and addiction related illnesses
• Advice on matters ranging from divorce to employment
• Advice on specific tax related issues concerning employment within the construction sector
• Help to manage and reschedule debt
• Help to understand the benefits system and entitlement, especially for those caring for others
• Support on career changes, especially after accident or injury preventing return to their original job.
The Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity (LCIC) has provided the initial funding for this helpline and is now actively seeking financial and other volunteer support from the major operators within the industry to secure the future of this valuable service for the construction community.
The charity’s CEO Bill Hill said: “This is a big departure from the traditional services offered by our charity and we know that our new 24/7 construction industry helpline will provide a valuable big company benefit to many members of our construction community who are in need of help, advice and support but do not have the opportunity to access it.”
In the past 25 years, the Lighthouse Club has given £11 million to 12,000 individuals or families of those within the construction industry who are unable to work through accident, illness or injury.