Google is introducing a new design of its Android Auto technology.
Google says that its Android Auto technology has been designed to help make driving experiences easier and safer and will roll out to all Android Auto compatible cars later this summer.
The new interface is built to help drivers get on the road faster, show more useful information at a glance and simplify common tasks while driving, says Google.
The technology has been redesigned to:
- Get on the road faster: As soon as you start your car, Android Auto will continue playing your media and show your navigation app of choice. Simply tap on a suggested location or say “Hey Google” to navigate to a new place.
- Stay on top of your apps: With the new navigation bar, you’ll be able to see your turn-by-turn directions and control your apps and phone on the same screen.
- Do more with less taps: With the new navigation bar, you’ll be able to easily control your apps with one tap. Get turn-by-turn directions, rewind your podcast or take incoming call all on the same screen.
- Easily manage communications: The new notification centre shows recent calls, messages and alerts, so you can choose to view, listen and respond at a time that’s convenient and safe for you.
- A colour palette that’s easy on the eyes: We’re evolving Android Auto’s design to fit in better with your car’s interior. A dark theme, coupled with colourful accents and easier to read fonts, also helps improve visibility.
- A screen fit for more cars: If you have a car with a wider screen, Android Auto now maximises your display to show you more information, like next-turn directions, playback controls and ongoing calls.